Labels

Monday, August 18, 2014

Psychiatrist
Duties and Responsibilities:
Psychiatrist and physicians who specialize in the problems of mental illness. As physicians, they are licensed to use a wide variety of treatments sand may write prescriptions. Psychiatrist may work for the government, have their own private practice, or work in hospitals, clinics, or universities. Their duties include:
·         Designing treatment programs.
·         Conducting psychotherapy sessions.
·         Prescribing potent mental illness drug.
·          Supervising electrotherapy treatment.
·         Conducting research.
·         Leading a team of mental health care providers.
Average Salary: $90,000-$200,000
Education Requirements: Bachelors, Masters, Ph.D. degrees

In addition to completing the requirements for a degree in allopathic or osteopathic medicine, psychiatrist must complete and intensive three year residency in psychiatry.


  Reflection: I think I wouldn’t like to be a psychiatrist because I feel like I wouldn’t be capable of giving a person advice taking into consideration that I am horrible at giving advice. Another reason would be that I can’t stand being with a person and talking with them for more than two hours.  Also I always wanted to pursue a medicine but a career such as doctor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment